Well to our amazement we found out that we were expecting on New Years Day!!!! So off to the doctor we went. We visited with Dr. Bakker on Tuesday. We will be having our first ultrasound on Tuesday, January 22, 2008. At which time I will be 7 weeks along. During our appointment we discussed how the treatment of this pregnancy would be handled. We will be doing heparin shots twice a day starting at 10 weeks. I will also be taking prenatal vitamins, extra folic acid, and a baby aspirin throughout the pregnancy. I will be followed by several doctors, including a perinatologist and eventually a hematologist, but not sure when that will start.
With all the risks that are involved, it was decided that the baby would be delivered no later than 36 weeks. We were told that at 36 weeks the uterus starts to stretch which would pull the scar of my uterine rupture from when Trey was born. At 34 weeks they will do an amnio to check the lungs and if they look good they will possibly take at that point. We will know more when things get closer to that time. Dr. Bakker expressed that I need to take it easy and don't overdue it. With 6 kids at home already, we will see how that all goes.
I feel pretty good, other than being tired and having a little nausea, things are good. We are going to tell the kids after the ultrasound, along with the rest of our family. Right now things are low key, until we know everything will be okay, which we will know more after the ultrasound.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment